20 January 2009

Inauguration and other things

So I actually got to come home today and watch the inauguration.....and I was not that overly impressed. I mean, how hard is it to look ahead by twenty or so minutes and actually pre-read the Oath of Office. I don't mean to speak poorly of the new president, but that is one of the little things that just strikes a chord with me. The rest of the world is watching hoping for a "great change" but this harbinger of change can't even get through the four lines of the Oath of Office. Just a little something that irks me a little........

Got back on the bike again today. This is the first day that I have ridden my bike in over a month. It has been ridiculously cold for being Mississippi and the weather just hasn't been cooperating. I think that I was probably the laughing stock of the base when people saw me, but man did it feel good to actually be out there and riding again. Now, if the weather would just warm up a little where I could actually get out on some longer road rides instead of just commuting back and forth.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Rick: it was the Chief Justice who messed up the oath. He even apologized for it later. Mom