11 January 2009

Formation

So now I am on to the next phase in my training. This is the phase
that makes the air force different from the airlines. We are flying
formation. I am not flying very often but when I am it is the best
flying we have done yet. We spend most of the flight about ten feet to
the side of another aircraft. It is absolutely one of the weirdest
feelings on the planet. We do all kinds of manuevering and aerobatics
in the ten foot position called "fingertip". We also do some exercises
in a position called "fighting wing". That is where we do a kind of
dog fighting and chase each other around the sky. It is absolutely one
of the coolest things I have ever done. I have only eighteen more
flights left in the T-6 and I am sim and academic complete. That is
about it for now.

No comments: