10 May 2009

To Mothers!

Today is a day where we take a moment to officially honor the person whom to many, may have the been the single most important person of our lives. While we grow older and develop into the people we will become, few people will have as large an affect on us as the one who brought us into the world. This day is celebrated in almost every country around the world and yet only one day of recognition can not even begin to do justice to the mothers that made us who we are today. I know that my Mom was the catalyst that made/makes me want to strive for greatness. My biggest wish is that I might meet or exceed the possibilities that she sees in my future. Without her constant encouragement, advice, and discipline I know that I would not have become half of the person that I am today. So, with this meager medium, I send out my greatest respect and thanks to all mothers (especially you Mom). Happy Mothers Day!

--"Without the mothers of the world, we wouldn't be around to use it." Rick

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thank you, Rick. You have been one of God's greatest gifts...Love, Mom

Rachael Winfield said...

Babe, you can't put quotations around your own quote. It's your writing so therefore you can't quote it. I love you.