15 May 2009

New Week

So, this has been a wonderful week in all ways but one. I am finally back in the swing of pilot training, I am in the middle of training for a couple of triathlons this summer, I am firing on all cylinders in all departments. The only thing wrong with this week was that Rachael has been gone for a whole ten days. This has officially been the longest time we have been apart since we got married. I know that is not very long, but it is another milestone in our first year. I have officially gotten back in the swing of "bachelor" status. I have cleaned the house, done the laundry, and cooked for myself for the entire time. I am super excited that she is coming back tomorrow night so that we can go back to sharing the load.
As for training, we have been getting back into the academics that go with flying. We absolutely flew through the advanced weather course in two days. We took the test and I kept my streak of UPT 100s at 1 in a row. Pretty sweet huh? We went right into Advanced Instrument Ground Training and that was pretty much another joke. The test was open book (anything you could carry in) and each question had the location in the material where it came from. That upped my streak to 2 in a row. Next week we move into a little more difficult material when we cover the systems and the Flight Rules and Regulations. The only reason FRR is going to be tough is because the Navy and AF fly on different sets of rules. We should hit the flight line about three weeks from next Monday.
I have also decided that I am going to compete in a few triathlons this summer. I am aiming for some that are in August and most of them are in the San Antonio-Austin area. My training is going fairly well. I have been kind of in re-spin up mode after my down time in Columbus. I am trying to convince Rachael to do some of them with me, but all I have been able to get her to do is go and swim with me some of the time. I am going to be trying for the Olympic distance which is a little longer than the one I did last summer.

Well that is it for now. I promise that I will be posting pictures over the weekend so check back on Sunday for some pictorial updates.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad Rachael is going to be home soon...but I wish I could see how you cooked, cleaned, etc...I have never known you to do those things in your life...Rachael must be doing a much better job of training you than I did! Love, Mom