31 May 2009

Good Times

So, I get on to everyone for not checking on this thing and then I go two weeks without updating it....some blogger that I am. Here is what has been going on lately......

Since the last post I have been pretty busy. Actually having stuff to do everyday has been a big adjustment from the life of just laying around the house and thinking about what I could be doing. Academics is officially over now, and I went the entire period and only missed one question on the five tests that we took. I was pretty upset about that question, because if I had actually read the question I wouldn't have missed it. We start simming on Monday (the 1st) and right off the bat my sim partner Doug and I are scheduled to double turn (two events on the same day). That is going to be fun seeing as we don't really know what is going on in either sim or what we need to do to prepare. We have been just getting prepped for general stuff and learning our checklists. I think that we have those down pretty good, and I think that the sim should go pretty well. We have a little time in the middle to get ready for the second but hopefully their expectations aren't too high.

As for outside of pilot training, not much is really going on. Rach and I have just been hanging out a lot and getting stuff done around the house (except mowing the back yard). Seth got his wings last Friday and I went to go watch/party with him. It was a good ceremony but I spent most of the time being jealous because he is off to fly in the BIG AF. He is going to be stationed at Little Rock and fly C-130J's. That is the plane that I want to fly, but we want to go to Germany to do it. He is already out of Corpus at SERE training in Washington and will be back some time in mid-late June.
I was really trying to ramp up my training, with plans of a couple of triathlons and maybe a half marathon later this summer/fall. That was, until last Monday when I went to do my interval workout and I tweaked something in my right knee. It wasn't really bad at the time, but it never really got any better until Saturday. I have been trying to take it easy by not biking to work or getting any running in, but I don't think that I will have to be off of it for much longer. I think that I am going to move over to strictly biking this week just to try and work some of the stiffness out and keep up my cardio work. If this week goes well then we will start putting on the running mileage at the beginning of next week.

Well, that is really all for now. I swear that I will put pictures up sometime in the near future.
Thanks for reading!!!

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

So how much longer are you going to wait before blogging again?

Kathleen said...

After not getting a bad injury in all the years you played football, don't go hurting yourself training for triathalons! Love, Mom