02 May 2009

membership

Rachael and I are officially members of the Texas State Aquarium. This is probably one of our top five purchases that we have made as a couple. It was only about 100 bucks and we get in free for the next thirteen months. Not only do we get in free, but we get to bring in two people with us for free every time we go. That is a pretty sweet deal.
We walked around the aquarium for a little while today with the total comfort that we didn't have to see everything because we could come back for free anytime we wanted to. That is a great feeling when it comes to these types of places.

I am now officially one week from restarting UPT (navy style). It has been 2 months and 12 days since I have flown an aircraft and that is entirely too long in my mind. It was nice to have this little break, but I have run out of things to do to fill up all of the time. I have read more books that I probably should have. Some of them were pretty good, but most of them were well below the average. I am pretty excited about getting to fly and learn to fly in a more complicated airplane. I am not looking forward to checkrides, tests, and five hour flights in 100+ degree heat. My anticipated "winging" date is October 9th. That is going to be a good day. And the best part is that it is only five months away. The biggest debate I am having with myself leading up to this Friday is whether or not I should convert the commuter back to a fixed gear for the morning commutes? I think that I am going to do it, just because I can and I haven't been taking advantage of that aspect of the bike in a while. I know that this is a pretty minor point to talk about in this blog, but nobody reads this anyways.

We are also going to visit Asbury Methodist Church here in CC for the third time. I am not sure how I feel about the church yet but I am hoping that tomorrow will kind of shine some light on whether or not we need to try some place else. That is one of the few things that I don't like about moving so much with the AF. It is tough to find a good church when you move. You really cant get established and involved with a church when you are only there for six months. I bet that we could do more if we tried but that is still something that we are working towards.

Well, that is all for now.
Current book: Into to Wild by Krakauer (I am giving it a C- so far).

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Did you decide that you liked the church? I finally joined one - Arborlawn UMC.
I'm glad you are enjoying the acquarium membership. I hope that you will go often and I'm sure you'll see something different every time you do go. I will be glad to come and visit the acquarium also - I want to see jellyfish...Love, Mom