22 November 2008

good week

so this was probably one of the better weeks of upt for me. I finished up the contact block of training and i am now moving on to instruments and navigation. My checkride went really well on thursday. I only got three downgrades and an Excellent overall. My flight commander said that was the highest final contact total he had seen in one of his flights. So far our flight is 5-0 for final contacts and that is a really good thing. we didnt do so well on midphase so we are trying to redeem ourselves. Instruments is a completely different kind of flying. you have to stare at the instruments and fight the urge to look outside. there are a lot of different rules that really govern how you fly when you are flying on instruments. that is actually the hardest part, just memorizing what to do when, and what applies where. sorry for the short post but i should have more after the razorback game.

No comments: