30 November 2008

first time for this feeling

So this is the first time in my life that I have been DNIF (duties not to include flying). That pretty much just means that you have accommodated some illness that is affecting or could possibly affect your flying so they dont want you up in the air. I had a pretty good upper respiratory infection since last Friday and I really didn't start feeling good until this Friday. I felt pretty bad on Monday because I was scheduled to fly and I had to take myself off the schedule so I could go to the doc. That really sucks for the guys in my flight because it means that one of them got added to a flight without knowing it was going to happen. Other than being sick it wasn't a bad week. We only had to work for three days this week, and it was really nice having the long weekend.
For thanksgiving, Rachael and I decided that we would host as many people that were staying here as we could. Rachael did an awesome job cooking her first turkey and I think that I did an ok job on the side dishes that I was tasked to prepare. We had a total of thirteen people including us over for dinner. It was a really good time. Most of the people were the folks from my class, but some of them had people that had come down to visit so we fed them all. It was really neat just getting to hang out and eat some good food on a day that we could have been working on. After the meal, one of the guys had rented a temporary house so his family could have a place to stay and we went over there for a party. Rachael and I had a pretty good time over there. The next day we did absolutely nothing until three in the afternoon. WE WERE SO TIRED from Thursday. Abbey decided to drive down because she was bored in AR on Friday. We all, pretty much every person from thanksgiving dinner, went out to this pretty good catfish place on the class bus and then we headed out to Starkville for a night on the town.
Well I think that is about it for this week. Coming up this week I am going to be into instruments pretty heavily. We are also probably going to start having Navigation rides as well. Most of this stuff is pretty new, so I have to really start hitting the books now.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love the way that you are both reaching out to your new Air Force friends. What a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving.