12 May 2011

In country

Well, i am finally out here in country and getting ready to fly my first mission. Things are going pretty well. Other than breaking my wedding ring on the first night here everything seems pretty normal. It is really hot here (as expected) but it still kind of hits you in the face every time that you walk out the door. We are laying around our room right now just resting up so that we can go out and start flying tonight. It should be a pretty plain Jane mission with not much going on. This will be good for me so that I can get used to the weird accents that all of the controllers have out here. I was pretty bad on the way in, but it worked out anyways.

I am living with my aircraft commander and our navigator in a room that is about the size of our second bedroom in little rock. It is pretty tight living but we have set things up the best we can. We have had some air conditioning issues since we got here but those may have finally been worked out by our mid night maintenance call.

That is really all that I can put on here for now.

No comments: