04 January 2010

Probably Just for Me

Happy New Year!

It has been just a few days since I have decided to update this thing. So, I decided that I would catch up on some of the things that have been going on. I got my wings back in October and things have been a whirlwind since then. Rachael and I are now stationed in Little Rock and I am in the school house learning to fly C-130Es and I will be moving into H3s in the 50th AS after I get out of the school. We have basically been traveling all over Arkansas and Texas since we moved seeing family and going through all of the holiday mumbo jumbo.

We had our first white Christmas in my life time and that was a pretty cool event, but it made the traveling a little crazy sometimes. I think that I have seen more snow this year than in a lot of other years combined. It is even snowing at our house as I am writing this down.

I have decided to set some stringent goals for myself as this new year begins. I am planning on doing a half marathon in march as a start to this year, and in hopes of eventually qualifying for the boston marathon. I am going to try and run in the Air Force marathon in October to be my qualifying race. I am also going to try and get back into shape to do some shorter races on the road and on my bike. Whatever happens this should be an interesting year to say the least.

One of the tougher things about this year is going to be starting my masters degree. I am having some trouble deciding what I want to pursue for my degree program. I have been thinking about getting a M. Ed, but I am not sure that it will interest me as much as other fields will. I started looking at some science fields because biology is actually my favorite subject but those programs are really hard to find that will let you do them with mainly online work. I even started looking at areas like Outdoor rec, outdoor ed, resource management, and environmental resources. I am still pretty confused about the degree I am going to get but I think that it will be somewhat related to the ideas above.

Well, that is really all that I can/want to write about for the time being. I am going to go and be a good student and study for my checkride next week.
Me on a Thanksgiving backpacking trip on the OT