12 January 2010

First Checkride

Today I had my first checkride in the C-130. It was over the emergency procedures that we use when things dont go like they should in the aircraft. It is really not all that bad of a ride, but the general knowledge questions can be a little tricky. Our ride was pretty short. We were expecting at least a two hour sortie but the check pilot managed to keep to just under one hour. That was a pretty good thing because that is much less time that he could ask us questions. My crew did a pretty good job and we all got a Q-1 (qualified without exception). That is pretty good for your first checkride, but now we only have 5 rides until we have our next checkride in the full motion simulator.
Rachael and I after I received my wings in Corpus Christi.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Ohh, look at Rachael all fancy. I think she wore that to my wedding. It must be her go-to dress.