03 February 2009

Late Shows

There really isn't much to say about the last week or so. I am kind of getting slow rolled so that I can have at least the minimum required flights over the last twenty flying days. I have done a lot of sitting and waiting. The one time I was scheduled to fly, the runway was wet and the winds were out of limits. So, this morning I am sitting at the house waiting to go into work. Most of the flight showed up at 0530 but I have to wait until after 8 so that I can stay later and work in the RSU. That really sucks because I am basically going to sit around all day so that I can go sit in a little building and write down take off times for the younger classes. The nice part is that I wont have to go in to work until after 8 for the next couple of days.
In other events, we are getting closer and closer to track select. Every day that goes by gets me that much closer to actually have a little clearer picture of what is going to happen with the rest of my Air Force career. It also gets us that much closer to having an assignment that is going to last more than a few months. Not that I don't like the money we make off of being moved around, but it would be nice to have a place that we could actually live and get established in for a couple of years instead of just being "transients".

No comments: