28 September 2008

dollar ride

So friday was my first ride in the T-6. Its called a dollar ride because you give a dollar to your IP to commemorate the ride. It was absolutely awesome. This plane is fully aerobatic and it is pretty high powered. It climbs like a champ and overall is a pretty neat aircraft to fly. The sortie is pretty laid back and there really isnt much instruction, so the learning curve is going to be pretty steep starting tomorrow. We should be flying almost everyday from here on out and it is going to be pretty tough. Here are some pictures from my dollar ride (they are all on the ground because we cant take cameras in the planes).


This is me getting ready to "step" to the aircraft.


This is me strapping in to the cockpit. Apparently we are so inneficient at first, the IP does the walkaround while we struggel to attach ourselves to the ejection seat.

This is my hero shot. I pretty much dwarf this airplane.

Visor down, ready to close the canopy for engine start.

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Too cool! I wish I could have been there to see you climb in the first time. I bet your smile was a mile wide!

Kathleen said...

Wow! I can't even imagine how thrilling it was! I love seeing the pictures!

Seth said...

So... thats what it looks like to be able to see over the glare shield. But seriously, does your head hit the canopy or did you just forget to lower your seat during the over-the-rail?