07 July 2008

moving

Its that time of year again. That wonderful time of the year where we have to move across the country. You think that as many times as the AF does this that life would be really easy, but man is this a really difficult process. We have spent the last two days just trying to get stuff organized so the movers and packers can come and mess it up. At least we had a long weekend. We went down to Cousin Dave's house and really had a good time. We played on the lake and did all that crazy stuff until we were too tired to move at the end of every day. We also got to see some family that I havent seen in a long time, and Rachael had only met once (or never!). The other sad part about this moving thing is that the bikes have to be stored away in the truck for the next few weeks. I just got a new seat for the road bike and now i dont even have a chance to try it out until we get to Mississippi! Speaking of the new seat, it is absolutely amazing if anyone who reads this has problems with numbness on long rides. I havent been out for a long ride yet but just the few test rides were noticebly different. Since the wedding, we havent done much other than just get ready to leave. Rachael is now officialy my wife, according to the AF and now I dont have to babysit her while she is on base. I am starting to get really excited about starting UPT. I keep talking to Seth and hearing about all of the stuff he is up to and it makes me extremely jealous. Only 4 more weeks until the year+ journey begins.

Peace out!

No comments: